Hey BUOC! Come on our day hike to Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire next Saturday, February 8th!
What: ¬†Hiking the White Dot Trail up to the summit of Mount Monadnock in Jaffrey, NH.
Date/Time:¬†Saturday, February 8th. ¬†Leave around 7:30am and get back around 6pm.
Estimated cost: $10 for members who are driving,¬†$15 for Members and $20 for Non-Members.
Max attendance: 7 people, unless you find someone else with a car then we can open it up to 12.
Food: ¬† Lunch and trail snacks
Difficulty: ¬†2 miles with 3,166′ elevation. ¬†Moderate.
What to bring:
- Large Day Pack (2500-3000 cu.)*
- 2 Liters of Water
- Hiking Boots (broken in with ankle support)
- Headlamp or Flashlight w/ Batteries*
- Base layer of polypro, wool, capilene¬Æ, cool max¬Æ bergilene¬Æ (top and bottom)
- Mid layer of fleece or wool (top and bottom)
- Windproof/water resistant layer gore-tex¬Æ, sympatex¬Æ,H2O No¬Æ (top and bottom)
- Down Jacket and/or wool/fleece pile jacket
- 2 Pair of warm waterproof mittens or gloves
- Warm hat
- 2 pair Wool Socks
- Synthetic or wool sock liners (optional, these are good if you usually have issues with blisters)
- Lunch (granola bars, trail mix, powerbars¬Æ, cliff bars¬Æ, bagels w/peanut butter)*
- SAO and BUOC wavier forms
*Items can be provided by the BUOC
Sign-ups closed. If you are interested on getting on the waiting list, please e-mail email@example.com
See ya Saturday,