**This trip is currently full, but cancellations can happen!
If you are interested in coming, take a moment to fill out the form below to get on the waiting list**
Hey BUOCers! Wanna get some peak-bagging done? On Saturday 3/28 we are gonna drive up to the White Mountains in NH, camp Saturday night and then hike both East Osceola Mountain and Mount Osceola on Sunday, returning to Boston on Sunday night! Awesome opportunity to cover two of NH‚Äôs 48 4000 footers in one trip!
What/Where: Camping at Hancock Campground Saturday night. Hiking up¬†East Osceola Mountain and Mount Osceola Sunday.
When:¬†leaving at 5pm on Saturday¬†‚Äì return Sunday around 9pm.
Difficulty:¬†Moderate ‚Äì 7.6 miles, 2,060 ft. elev. gain
Cost: $25 members, $35 non-members
What to Bring:
- Large Back Pack (5000-6000 cu.)*
- Sleeping Bag (appropriate temperature rating for season)*
- Sleeping Pad (therma-rest¬Æ, ridge-rest¬Æ, z-rest¬Æ)*
- 2 Liters of Water (large mouth-lexan nalgene¬Æ mandatory)*
- Mug /Tupperware container with Lid/Spoon
- Headlamp or Flashlight w/ Batteries *
- Mountain Clothing (Think warm and dry, remember layering)
- Base layer of polypro, wool, capilene¬Æ, cool max¬Æ bergilene¬Æ (top and bottom)
- Mid layer of fleece or wool (top and bottom)
- Windproof/water resistant layer gore-tex¬Æ, sympatex¬Æ,H2O No¬Æ (top and bottom)
- Down Jacket and/or fleece/wool pile jacket
- Warm hat
- 2 Pair of warm water resistant gloves or mittens
- Wool Socks (minimum 3pr)
- Synthetic or wool sock liners (optional if have issues with blisters)
- Eye protection (sunglasses and/or ski goggles)
- BUOC and SAO waiver forms
- Positive attitude
- Optional items: sunscreen, down booties, crazy creek chairs¬Æ, cameras, journals, rain fly‚Äôs, etc.
*These items provided by BUOC if needed
With questions contact;
Robby – firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria – email@example.com
Miranda – firstname.lastname@example.org