Hey BUOC Members! ¬†Come Hike Mount Osceola!
This Saturday (9/24), we will be taking a group up to¬†New Hampshire to Hike Mount Osceola!
This is a hard hike,¬†we will summit two 4,000ft peaks and the trail leading up to them is steep, so this hike is only for experienced hikers. You know your abilities better than we do, we just want everyone to have a good time on this trip.
We’ll meet at Marsh Plaza at 6am (yeesh, early I know but I promise it will be worth it). We can hit Dunkin Donuts on the way for coffee/breakfast, and we will spend about 20-30 minutes on the Kancamagus Highway, which is in my opinion the most beautiful road in New Hampshire (and hopefully the leaves might be starting to change). We’ll arrive to the parking lot at about 9am and hike 2.8 miles up East Osceola (This 2.8 mile trail is steep). Probably take a snack break and then¬†traverse 1 mile (of difficult/technical scrambling) to reach the summit of Mount Osceola where we will eat lunch with a beautiful view. Then we’ll retrace our steps down to the parking lot, and¬†head back to Lincoln, NH where we will take a pit stop and I’ll show you my favorite candy store (and those¬†that are hungry can pop into Subway). Then we’ll take a ~45 minute detour for a little surprise (bring your bathing suit!) and then we’ll head back to Boston. We’ll try to be back to Boston by 8:30pm. As of right now, they are predicting a high of¬†65 degrees at the base of the mountain on Saturday, so it will likely be cooler (~50) and possibly windy at the top, so plan accordingly for some nice crisp fall air!
- You have to be at Marsh at 6am! (Then you can sleep in the car)
- Both East Osceola and Mount Osceola are over 4,000 feet in elevation so there will be great views
- This is a steep, 8 mile hike, so¬†previous hiking experience is definitely necessary
- Plan for significantly cooler weather (~50 degrees)
- You are responsible for your own lunch on the trail
- Bring your bathing suit!
- You’ll be home for dinner/evening festivities
- Drivers go for free!!
- The cost will be $17 for non-members, and $7 for members
Signups will go live at the following link on Tuesday at 7pm!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email me, Jake, at email@example.com
Hope to see you this weekend!