Do you love horses? The outdoors? Or just having a great time? Then come with BUOC¬†to Quebec Canada on April 24th-26th to do just that!
We will depart Boston in the evening on Friday April 24th and travel to¬†Auberge D’Andromede, a quint French Canadian inn nestled in the hills of Courcelles Quebec, where we will be lodging Friday night. Saturday, after enjoying an authentic French meal prepared for us by the inn keepers, we will set out on an all day horse¬†back ride through the beautiful wilderness of Quebec. Saturday night we will camp out and spend Sunday hiking through the lush wilderness. We will then return to Boston Sunday evening.
This is a unique trip because it allows students to step out of urban Boston, and immerse themselves in French Canadian culture while giving them the¬†opportunity to experience the wilderness on horse back and on foot!
This is an international trip, you MUST have a VALID PASSPORT!!!
We are still looking for drivers for this trip! If you have a car and are interested in attending, please let us know! You will be offered a discounted rate for driving!!
When – Friday April 24th 4:30pm – Sunday April 26th 9:00pm
Where -Quebec Canada, Auberge D’Andromede
Difficulty¬†– Moderate. You MUST have had experience with horses and be comfortable around them as we will be going on an all day ride!
Maximum¬†Attendance -¬†10 students
Cost – Members $77, ¬†Non-Members $87, Drivers $57.
Transportation -¬†student transportation.
What to bring¬†–
- Large Back Pack*
- Sleeping Bag*
- Sleeping Pad*
- 2 Liters of Water (large mouth-lexan nalgene¬Æ mandatory)*
- Mug /Tupperware container with Lid/Spoon
- Headlamp or Flashlight w/ Batteries *
- Clothing appropriate for hiking in current temperatures. Layers!
- Long pants for horse riding.
- Hiking boots or appropriate, sturdy close toed shoes.
- Non cotton base layer (polypro, wool, capilene¬Æ, cool max¬Æ bergilene¬Æ)
- BUOC and SAO waiver forms
- Suggested items: sunscreen, sun glasses, hat of some sort, camp chairs, cameras, journals, rain fly‚Äôs, etc.
Don’t have the right gear? *These items provided by BUOC if needed!
SIGN UPS ARE NOW CLOSED!
We are still looking for DRIVERS! If you have a¬†CAR¬†and are interested in driving please SIGN UP!
Feel free to contact Rose Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions!
Its going to be an awesome trip, can’t wait to see you all in Quebec!