Let’s hang out at Walden Pond! This beautiful pond & wildlife refuge is only about a 30¬†minute drive from Boston. It’s a great opportunity to¬†hang out with your friends, meet new friends, and be inspired by Thoreau’s favorite nature spot! We’ll go for a little walk around the pond and then hang out on the beach. There will be two transportation options for this trip: a car ride and a bike ride!
CAR – Meet at Marsh Plaza On¬†Saturday, October 17th at 11:45am. Back to Boston around 5pm.
BIKE – Meet at Marsh Plaza at¬†9:30 am¬†(please remember to eat breakfast beforehand and bring your¬†water bottle)
Where: Walden Pond in Concord, MA (Meet at Marsh Plaza)
How:¬†Uber/Lyft OR¬†bike via Minuteman BikewayBiking details:¬†
- Roundtrip milage: ~40 mi
- Estimated time for one way trip: 2 hrs
- We will be on the city roads for about 45 mins before we¬†get onto the Minuteman bikeway in Arlington
- From the Minuteman it’ll be¬†smooth sailing past¬†towns, some meadows and farms, and under the shades of beautiful autumn trees
- It isn’t going to be a race to get to Walden, so don’t be afraid to join. It’ll be a relaxed ride. We’ll make stops along the way whenever it is fitting. There are¬†a plethora of wonderful places to explore,¬†catch our breaths, and nibble on food. It’ll be worth it
What to Bring:
- Water bottle
- Cash or a phone with Uber/Lyft
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Lunch and snacks
- Sketch books
- Blankets to sit on
If you have any questions for the car ride option, feel free to contact Alli (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Luis (email@example.com).
For any questions regarding the biking option, feel free to contact Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org).